About Thieme Rotatie
Thieme Rotatie is a part of the Thieme GrafiMedia Group. Thieme is one of the biggest print service providers in the Netherlands. With the in total four business lines; Print and Graphical Services, ICT services, Publishing and Communication & Design, Thieme can cover almost the total market. Thieme GrafiMedia Groep has over 1.500 employees and annual turnover over of 200 mln. Euros.
Thieme Rotatie, is specialized in high quality roll to roll offset printing. The productions varies from glossy to magazines. To satisfy the more demanding customers nowadays Thieme chooses to be a full service provider. Based on this approach, Thieme is offering a wide range of activities for publishers, like advertising, recruitment subscription, editorial and layout support. Also finishing activities like saddle stitching, folding, film wrapping and postal services are part of their portfolio.
Typical for magazine publishers is the fixed release dates. Within a very short timeframe many individual activities have to be done in an optimized and efficient sequence.
After printing and finishing (stitched or glued), the magazines will be wrapped in a film to be protected during distribution. To optimize the postal handling the packed magazines should be personalized with a customer code – name and addressing. The same time the automatically sorted for the postal service provider.
To manage the production within the short timeframe, Thieme integrated an IPAS425i inkjet printing system on the film wrapping machine. Directly after the film wrapping stage, the magazines are in line personalized by the IPAS425i printing system. For this purpose the film has been prepared by a white lane. The inkjet printing system is controlled by the DJM in-house developed lay out platform. The application is variable data printing on the right spot (white lane) on the film. The same time the software controls the stacker intelligently. Via sorting commands the magazines are in-printed in the right order to automatically sorted for the postal service provider.
The advantages for Thieme Rotatie
- Optimized inline workflow for the addressing
- Optimized logistics by lesser handling
- Easy to use, no special skills needed from the operators
- Smooth integration on existing equipment resulted in less handling and optimized production
- Low running cost by reliability and low maintenance
|The IPAS425i inkjet printer is mounted on the exit conveyor of the wrapping machine.
In one step the magazines are wrapped, addressed and sorted.
Benefits of cooperation with DJM
- Over 16 years of inkjet experience with integration projects in the graphic arts and mailing industry
- Technology driven and always seeking for new and innovative ways to optimize production flows
- Constant development of inkjet technologies and controlling software
- Full OEM partner of HP so availability of future technologies is guaranteed