About Arti Grafiche Rossi (AGR)
AGR is one of the most important suppliers/printers for gaming and tickets on the Italian market. Since in line inkjet printing systems came available AGR embraced this technology immediately to improve the working process and develop new business opportunities. AGR is a privately held company with 90 employees.
Since DG Italia focussed more and more on adding value by variable date printing next to offset printing the started become very successful in the market of tickets and direct mailing. DG Italia had already experience with inline inkjet printing, therefore DG Italia investigated the market for ticketing and direct mailing. One of their major customers, AGR Italy, implemented the DJM Inkjet printing supporting their challenge.
As the market is changing in terms of quality, reliability, and changing customer needs, AGR realized, to be a major player in the ticketing and direct mail market, they had to improve speed, flexibility, print and image quality.
To support their growth and ambitions, AGR had to increase their printing capacity with high speed inkjet systems. DJM’s business partner DG Italia replaced AGR’s existing inkjet solutions with the IPAS425i systems to improve productivity, reliability and enable higher print quality. DG Italia installed a web based print solution with 6 IPAS425i systems enabling duplex printing. Based on the test phase the IPAS425i is the right solution to integrate in their existing workflow.
AGR experienced the IPAS425i systems as the perfect solution with more flexibility and maximum throughput. Another benefit AGR needed was a higher print image quality, to be successful in the market where laser quality is the standard.
With the IPAS425i systems AGR was able to enter the market for direct mailing and ticketing successfully.
The advantages for AGR
- Optimized inline workflow for static and dynamic (variable) data printing
- Increased productivity by higher printing speeds
- Automated cleaning process of the print head which saves production time and money
- New business opportunities by high image quality
- Higher uptimes of the system by the external double ink supply with automatic switch over
- Very productive by the ease of operation
- Low running cost by reliability and low maintenance
|Integration of six IPAS425i inkjet printings systems on a web offset press. With a special designed frame AGR is capable of printing simplex as well as duplex.
For simplex printing AGR can use up to six IPAS425i inkjet printing systems with an maximum print swath of 25,5 inch (approx. 64,77 cm).
Printing in duplex three IPAS425i inkjet printing systems can be used simultaneously with a maximum print swath of 12,75 inch (approx. 32,38 cm) on each side.
Benefits of cooperation with DJM & DG Italia
- Over 15 years inkjet experience with integration projects in the graphic arts direct mailing industry
- Technology driven and always seeking for new and innovative ways to optimize production flows
- Constant development of the IPAS InkMailer software
- Full OEM partner of HP so availability of future technologies is granted