Varenhof – part of the PrintFinish Group – is a company specialized in print finishing. Due to a wider customer scope PrintFinish Group has grown rapidly the last years and has now different production sites.
Since Varenhof focused more and more on adding value by variable data printing they become very successful in the market of direct mailings and self-mailers.
To be successful in the market of direct mailing two criteria were very important; print image quality and productivity. From the start it was clear that the inkjet printing system should be integrated in their existing finishing productions lines without slowing them down. Because the finishing lines had to be flexible – they are configured according the type and complexity of the end product – the inkjet system had to be movable.
Based on this criteria DJM has provided Varenhof with a flexible and easy to use inkjet printing solution. By mounting the IPAS425i inkjet printing system on a movable vacuum based conveyor the system could be positioned at any position in the finishing line. To connect it to any machine the conveyor was height adjustable. To optimize throughput many productions run two-up, for this two IPAS425i are applied on the conveyor. Due to the easiness of the printing systems the setup times were very short and the system did not need much operator attention. The positive side effect was that the operators could stay focused on output and quality control.
The advantages for Varenhof
- Optimized inline workflow
- Increased productivity
- Automated cleaning process of the print head which saves production time and money
- New business opportunities by high image quality
- Higher uptimes of the system by the external double ink supply with automatic switch over
- Very productive by the ease of operation
- Low running cost by reliability and low maintenance
|By positioning two IPAS425i inkjet systems on a vacuum based conveyor Varenhof had the flexible inkjet printing solution where they were looking for.
The system can be put at any position in the production line.
Benefits of cooperation with DJM
- Over 16 years of inkjet experience with integration projects in the graphic arts and direct mailing industry
- Technology driven and always seeking for new and innovative ways to optimize production flows
- Constant development of inkjet technologies and controlling software
- Full OEM partner of HP so availability of future technologies is guaranteed